Mini Crates & Pallet



Hello everyone! 

Finally my first showcase of my handcraft, two of them to be precise. Introducing the Mini Cargo Crates and Mini Wooden Pallet (not a catchy name, I know). These designs are originally from Design Studio Labyrinth (check them out here).

Let's feature the products from Labyrinth first.

The first one is Inbox – Wooden Shipping Box, as they called it. A cool miniature version of shipping crates you can use as a storage box. It is a set of 3 sizes: Large inbox: 9.6 x 9.6 x 9.6 cm, Medium Inbox: 7.4 x 7.4 x 7.4 cm, and Small Inbox: 5.7 x 5.7 x 5.7 cm. And if you are curious, yes they do sell it – just check on their website product page.



Inbox-Wooden Shipping Box
(Photo credit: labyrinth-bcn.com)


The second is Palette-It : Wooden Pallet Coaster, a drink coaster with a cargo pallet miniature touch. This one comes with dimension of 15 x 8 x 2 cm, a standard size for a coaster. Both of these items are made of quality pinewood. And adding to its coolness are all those printed symbols which makes it really look like a shipping container box; the coaster even has a pallet tagging on it.



Palette-It
(Photo credit: labyrinth-bcn.com)


Now apart from these beautiful products I will show you my version of it. They surely can’t beat the real thing but I am satisfied with the end results (well, by my standard that is). As for the material I also used pine wood, but in different form – craft sticks. Which you can get easily from your hobby shop or craft store. In my case I don’t have such stores in the area that I live in but they do sell it at stationery shops.


Craft Sticks!


With some craft sticks, a cutter, lots of glue and a few magic words, voila! I produced my own version of Mini Cargo Crates and the Mini Wooden Pallet.





Pardon for my lack of photography skills as I shot these with my phone, wish I can grab one of those DSLR camera in the near future. lol

I used rubber stamp to produce the symbols and it seems that the stamp ink doesn't deliver well on the craft stick’s surface. However in the end it turns out to be okay. Instead of a set-of-3 I only made a set of two crates with the bigger one dimension is about 9 x 9 x 9 cm. 

The pallet itself is sized at 10 x 7.5 cm, a bit smaller than the original ones and for the pallet storage box I used a wider craft sticks.

A few more snapshots of the end products,





Well, that’s about it – the story of me and craft sticks=). Next post I will share with you my own handcraft design; the box clock. Wait, a box and a clock? or a clock in a box? You will find out soon.

Thank you for reading.


Cheers.

ardee

1 comment: